We filed another RTI to The Ministry Of Road Transport And Highways on the Road Lane markings (white / yellow line markings we generally see on our majority of roads especially Highways (state/ national ) and majot district roads. The questions were :
1) what material is used in guide and lane line markings on the roads ( yellow and white
2)Is being reflective ( capable of reflecting light ) a part of standard specification of these lines. If Yes,
3) Which authority is responsible for defining these specifications and maintenance of these lane lines on National Highways , State Highways ,and on major District roads.
4) What is the total budget of the above mentioned guide lines / lane lines nationally for the year 2014 -2015.
The response we got was :
1) That " There is no information available to furnish in P-6 Zone .( Ministry of road transport and Highways )
2) The RTI got transferred to : " The Chief Engineer, National Highway, PWD , 6 JACOB ROAD ,JAIPUR. "
Another letter ,another transfer , another trails of broken information on bits of paper circulating like confused Light bugs in the dark night. #BrokenstateofRTI #One RTI.