To the chief Information Commissioner.
Please provide me with below information.
1. Do the union territories of india (including the ones having partial statehood e.g. Delhi) have a web portal supporting the spirit of Right to Information Act. Similar and at least providing the same functionality as https://RTIOnline.gov.in where
- Any Citizen of India can go online and file RTI appeal to Information Commission or any of the administrative unit's SPIOs electronically and get an RTI tracking ticket similar to RTIOnline.gov.in.
- Pay the prescribed fee online using Net Banking, Credit Cards.
- Track the status online and get the response on the online portal electronically.
- File First and Second appeal in case RTI response is not satisfactory electronically using the same portal.
2. If answer to query #1 is Yes for all the points, please provide the web portal name.
3. If Answer to all or any of the Query #1 is No.
a).Please provide details on why even after 10 years of RTI Act in place and after multiple years of RTIOnline.gov.in online and working as a benchmark developed by NIC for central government ministries (NIC or similar agencies manages all your state web portals as well) your state is not able to provide this service.
b.) If you have already planned for a similar or better service than RTIOnline.gov.in to serve RTI needs for your state please provide the expected time frame when Citizens of India can start using it.
The Above RTI is for public purpose.
I fully understand the manual way of sending RTI request via Registered post along with postal order of Rs. 10/50 which is very inefficient for below reasons :
- Paper usage and physical movement of request and responses adds to environment degradation.
- Manual filing involves way more time and resources then online filing since filer has to physically prepare and post it with money orders etc in a particular format. This time can be used gainfully to contribute to the GDP of India and your state.
- There is no tracking number with information on which SPIO is handling your request, leaving the RTI filer in dark, leading to leakages in the system.
- Postage cost adds to inefficient use of public money.
Please take above in the spirit of RTI and provide me with detailed explanations.
Even after almost 3 months , we have not received any response (or even an acknowledgement ) from the CPIO regarding our RTI Application.(The RTI Application was sent on 13/06/2015)
The reason why we had raised this RTI has been explained in detail in this thread.
Our aim is to bring efficiency, accountability and transparency in the state RTI system by having all the states & Union Territories on board rti.gov.in or a similar platform and base-lined at least on existing service by central government.
We invite citizens of the above mentioned Union Territories to come forward and take action!
Join this action Group and fight the inefficiency in your state RTI system!