To the chief Information Commissioner.
Please provide me with below information.
1. Does your state have a web portal supporting the spirit of Right to Information Act. Similar and at least providing the same functionality as https://RTIOnline.gov.in where
- Any Citizen of India can go online and file RTI appeal to Information Commission or any of the administrative unit's SPIOs electronically and get an RTI tracking ticket similar to RTIOnline.gov.in.
- Pay the prescribed fee online using Net Banking, Credit Cards.
- Track the status online and get the response on the online portal electronically.
- File First and Second appeal in case RTI response is not satisfactory electronically using the same portal.
2. If answer to query #1 is Yes for all the points, please provide the web portal name.
3. If Answer to all or any of the Query #1 is No.
a).Please provide details on why even after 10 years of RTI Act in place and after multiple years of RTIOnline.gov.in online and working as a benchmark developed by NIC for central government ministries (NIC or similar agencies manages all your state web portals as well) your state is not able to provide this service.
b.) If you have already planned for a similar or better service than RTIOnline.gov.in to serve RTI needs for your state please provide the expected time frame when Citizens of India can start using it.
The Above RTI is for public purpose.
We got a flurry of responses :
On Date 24/6/2015 - The RTI has been transferred to - Joint government secretary, Prashasnik sudhar vibhaag(RTI Branch), secretariat, Jaipur.
On Date 7/7/2015- The RTI has been transferred to - Joint government secretary, Prashasnik sudhar vibhaag(RTI Branch), secretariat, Jaipur.
On Date 2/7/2015 - Reply from the office of Joint government secretary, Prashasnik sudhar vibhaag(RTI Branch), secretariat, Jaipur TO SPIO, Rajasthan Information commision - "Our Department has NOT received the RTI Application as stated by you in your letter dated 24/6/2015. Kindly send the RTI Application as filed by the Applicant on 13/6/2015 to facilitate a response from our department"
On Date 20/8/2015 - Reply from the office of Joint government secretary, Prashasnik sudhar vibhaag(RTI Branch), secretariat, Jaipur TO The applicant - "Your RTI Application dated 13.6.2015 was transferred to our department from SPIO, Rajasthan Information Commission on 24/6/2015. Our Department has received the RTI transfer letter but NOT received the RTI Application from Rajasthan Information Commission, even after being informed of the same in a letter dated 2/7/2015. Therefore, you are requested to kindly send the RTI Application as filed by you on 13/6/2015 to facilitate a response from our department"
Our observations on the RTI response are:
1. As much as we appreciate the responsible attitude of Rajasthan Information commission and Prashasnik sudhar vibhaag authorities in terms of their attitude to answer our RTI Application, we can't understand how our RTI application was 'lost' (while the attached letter actually reached the department! We have a copy of the RTI transfer letter, with our application attached! ) The subsequent scrambling of the departments to find the original Application is almost, might we say - comical :)
2. We understand that there might be a human error on the part of department, or the Application was misplaced somehow. But the fact of the matter is - We still haven't got any response to our RTI Application after more than 3 months of filing an application! Instead, we have a misplaced letter, broken chain of responsibility and then - more letters! This, resulting in more wastage of time and paper resources.
All this would not have happened if the Rajasthan RTI process was online. No misplaced letters, instant inter-department transfers, quick connect between the Applicant and the RTI authorities (in case of any queries) and a quick and transparent RTI system would be in place.
And this is the whole reason we want all the states to be on board rti.gov.in or a similar platform base-lined at least on existing service by central government.
Citizens of Rajasthan, what is going on in your state!
We invite you to take charge and change the reality. Join this Action Group now!